Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Trilogy/Quadrilogy Update


What started as a simple, historical drama has evolved into a three-part series about the trials and tribulations of a simple, Southern soldier during the Civil War and Reconstruction. I started writing a book about the end of the war, and a soldiers' return home. The character became somewhat detached from the main theme, so I decided to start with another book to introduce and mature the character to the audience in a manner that will endear him to the reader. So, now we start at the beginning of the war.

The main character joins the 1st Virginia Cavalry. Throughout the war, these men were everywhere in the Virginia Theatre. The enormous amount of content begged for a minimum of three books. The best part is that I can write all three simultaneously as certain information transcends the whole era. The hard part is weaving the tale to get from point "A" to point "B" with a thousand sidesteps.

I was hoping to publish before Summer of 2010, but it looks like I'll be lucky to finish it this year. Hopefully, I can get the first in the series published and release the others in quick succession.

No comments:

Post a Comment